Date(s) - 26/09/14
6:45 pm - 8:45 pm
Category(ies) No Categories
MC’d by Rod Quantock
Thinker and advisor to the Melbourne Sustainability Society Institute at the University of Melbourne
Pre-forum entertainment by Shepparton’s Jamie Lea
Dr Mark Diesendorf
• Institute of Environmental Studies) at the UNSW
• Expert in sustainable energy, sustain-able urban transport, theory of sustainability, ecological economics.
• Practical processes to achieve ecologically sustainable and socially just development.
• Renewable energy not a theory, but an achievable reality.
Dr Gordon Rogers
• Director of Applied Horticultural Research
• Adjunct Professor of Horticultural Crop Physiology with the University of Sydney.
• President, Australian Society for Horticultural Science
and David Coote
University of Melbourne
Presents practical ideas
• Community-scale woody biomass energy systems.
• Integrating bioenergy with solar.
• Small-scale onfarm use.
• Biodiesel manufacture.