By sourcing your food locally you are helping the environment, building resilience and supporting your local community. The Mitchell Shire is about an hour north of Melbourne in Central Victoria, Australia.
Please contact us if you know of other local links that should be included or updated.
Local Market Dates & Venue
- Tallarook Farmers Market: held on the first Sunday of the month (excl. January) from 8.30am till 1pm.
- Black Market: held on the second Saturday of the month, generally within 30 mins from Seymour.
- Avenel Market: held on the second Sunday of the month from 10am till 2pm.
- Seymour Community Market: held on the 3rd Saturday of the Month from 9am till 2pm
- Nagambie Lakes Market: first Saturday of the month from 8.30am to 1pm.
- Euroa Market: every third Saturday of the month from 9am to 1pm.
- Lancefield Famers Market: held on the forth Saturday of the month from 9am till 1pm.
- Victorian Farmers Markets – the association’s website with upcoming markets throughout Victoria
Fresh Fruit and Vegetables
- Blue Tongue Berries – Blueberries and preserves – Seymour
- Somerset Heritage Produce – 1 Emily Street, Seymour (near the winery). Fruit and veg stall in every Friday between 11 and 6.
- Chapman Hill – Glenaroua
- Ellinvale Stud – Beef
- Warialda – Clonbinane – Beef
- LL Wagyu – between Dookie and Benalla – Beef
- Seven Hills – Tallarook – Goat
- McIvor Farm – Tooborac – Pork
- Oink! Produce – Reedy Creek – Pork – For enquiries phone 0413 780 382 or email Jenna King
- Life on the Land – Tallarook – Pasture Raised Chickens and Beef and sell directly to Buying Clubs and Restaurants
- Lanes End Vineyard – Lancefield
- Rocky Passes Estate – Whiteheads Creek (near Seymour)
- Brave Goose Vineyard – Whiteheads Creek (near Seymour)
Links to more information
- Food Fossickers – Promoting food around the Heathcote and Bendigo areas
- Local Harvest – Food relocalisation and the promotion of alternatives for food production.
- The Locavore Edition – A Victorian Guide — Reconnecting producers and consumers
- Sustainable Table – Empowering people to use their shopping dollar to vote for a food system
- Shop Ethical – Ethical consumer guide