A new year and a fabulous new line up of products has made it to our bulk foods list to tantalise your tastebuds and nourish your families. Head to the BBFS page for the February 2019 order form.
- ORDERS DUE: Wednesday 6 February midnight.
- PAY 50% DEPOSIT: Before 10 February.
- CONTAINER PREP: NOW
- DIVIDING UP DAY: Wednesday 27 February at Blue Tongue Berries. Individuals between 9am to 10:30am and pods after 10:45am.
- EMAIL BBFS COORDINATOR: If your order has not been acknowledged by 8 February, please contact Cynthia email@example.com or call 0403 831 520
Please note the following changes to the Bulk Food order system for 2019:
- The list has been extended to include many more every day items and where possible, if the cost difference is not great we have taken the organic or biodynamic option rather than the conventional. We are still battling to source some items such as local vinegars and cashews seem to originate from Vietnam now and bicarb seems to be from China. Happily Pepo Farms (Australian Pumpkin Seed Company) are steadily increasing their range and you will see more items from this family owned company supporting community growers. You can read more about them here. We have also extended our range sourced from Biodynamic Marketing.
- We have changed the price column to show the per kL/L/unit price rather than the full bulk price to make it a little easier to see what you are paying straight up.
- We will adjust the way our dividing up day works to try to alleviate some bottle necks and have individuals arrive, pack and mark off their items between 9am and 10:30am and pods start after 10:45am. Of course we are flexible and understand not everyone can work within those times but it should help reduce the jolly mayhem!
- We are still working on the cleaning and bathroom products and will hopefully have more on offer in that area by the next order.
Feedback and new participants are always most welcome. Keep spreading the word as with every new participant it’s a few less pieces of plastic and hopefully more time and less stressed people in our community!