Do you or someone you know have an amazing idea for adapting our community to the impact of climate change?
The Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning is delivering a small grants program to build resilience to climate change impacts through community-driven adaptation activities that address identified gaps and priorities in Victoria’s regions.
- identify and support practical projects focused on adaptation activities with clear community benefit;
- foster partnerships between communities, local governments and regional stakeholders on adaptation; and
- generate and share lessons on good practice approaches to community adaptation.
The 3CA Grants program is part of the Victorian Government’s Supporting our Regions to Adapt initiative, a three-year program providing practical support for communities to prepare for the challenges of a changing climate. It supports outcomes from Victoria’s Climate Change Adaptation Plan 2017-2020.
- Applications close: 11:59pm Sunday 31 March 2019
- Project completion date: projects must be completed by 31 December 2020.
What funding is available?
- Funding available: total funding available for the 3CA Grants Program is $1,000,000.
- Grants of between $25,000 to $75,000 will be awarded.
Who can apply? Eligible projects must either be led by, or implemented in partnership with, a local council, traditional owner corporation, community group, or not-for-profit organisation. See Guidelines for more details.
What type of projects might be funded? This program will fund two categories of projects:
- Building Adaptive Capacity: these projects will build the capacity of communities or regions to better plan for, coordinate and deliver actions that support communities to adapt to current or future climate change impacts.
- Delivering Adaptation Action: delivering adaptation action projects will implement practical actions that will support communities and regions to adapt to current or future climate change impacts.
For more information on climate change impacts and climate change adaptation priorities and gaps in your region of Victoria please refer to the relevant Regional Climate Change Adaptation Snapshot Report.
Application guidelines & FAQs
For more detailed information including Guidelines on project eligibility, grant assessment criteria, application process and funding conditions, and FAQs click here.
Start an online application
Apply online via DELWP’s grants online portal