Mitchell Shire Council is preparing two strategies that focus on Arts and Culture, and Events. These documents will help shape an exciting future for generations to come. But we need your help to ensure that we create a vision and implement actions that are consistent with your views, ideas and thoughts.
Council is seeking a few minutes of your time to complete an online survey that shouldn’t take more than ten minutes to complete. All responses are confidential.
The arts, culture and event strategies are to relate to a five (5) year timeframe (2013-2018). The documents are foundation building and must:
- Provide a vision for arts, culture and events that identifies Mitchell’s unique attributes and future capacity.
- Provide a clear, realistic roadmap and suite of recommendations to identify how we move from the current point towards the achievement of the identified vision.
- Define Council’s role in the provision of arts, culture and events in Mitchell Shire.
- Identify the steps and key considerations that Council must take into account when planning arts, culture and event requirements in new and existing communities.
- Consider new and innovative approaches within the available resources; identifying alternative funding models, partnership approaches to support programming and infrastructure development.
- Undertake a desktop review to advise on the events, arts and culture components of grants program and directions for the future.
- Actions must support the empowerment of the community in relation to arts, culture and event outcomes.
- Be focused at grassroots level from an actions and implementation perspective and consider both Council and community resources that are available to deliver and implement.
For further information, please contact Council’s Manager Economic Development, Marketing and Communications, Joseph Tabacco or Manager Leisure and Culture, Kristen Cherry on (03) 5734 6200.