Ordering for our March Bulk Foods is now open. There have been a number of changes to the system since our last order, so please read the following information before making an order. If you are new to our Bulk Foods Scheme the you can find out more here.
There is a deadline! If you wish to be part of this bulk goods order, you need to be an up to date member of BEAM and complete your order by MIDNIGHT Wednesday 19 February 2014.
We have done our best to find local, quality products at a reasonable price. Any item that is unmarked as either organic, organic certified or biodynamic certified is a conventional product. We welcome feedback on the quality of the products so we can continue to refine the list.
Things to do before placing an order
- Check your stocks of the products available for purchase. Estimate how much of these items you will need for the next 3 months.
- Start cleaning and labeling your containers – ensure you have enough storage space for your purchases – you may need more than one container. Only get storage containers you can comfortably lift.
How to place an order
- Start filling out your order on the worksheet titled ‘Order Form ‘. Don’t forget to include all your contact details and also POD details (if relevant).
- There are two sections – the bulk goods items (top purple section) and smaller non-bulk quantities. There is a legend on the left that explains what the codes mean.
- You only need to input the quantity you require (only order in minimum quantity lots, more tips on this on the order form page) and everything else is calculated for you.
- In the bulk goods (purple) section there is an extra column (Quantity Max.) where you also need to nominate the maximum amount of that product you are prepared to take. This helps us split bulk packs without ending up with leftovers.
- A levy applies to all orders and is based on your level of involvement. Choose a levy that applies to you. The levy helps subsidise the freight costs, purchase of equipment and supports operating costs to ensure a successful bulk foods scheme.
- All orders will incur a delivery fee. This is based on the value of the order. The levy is not applied to the delivery fee.
- How do I Pay? Everything is to be paid for by EFT (direct bank transfer) before collection day BUT we don’t want you to pay until we’ve worked out how much of everything we’re getting!
- After all the orders are in, we will work everything out, place orders with suppliers and amend your orders, including any credits we may owe you. You will receive an email with an updated order, payment amount and EFT details – then you can pay!
- Goods will be divided on Thursday 6 March – BYO containers, bags, and jars. Help out by bringing your friends and neighbours containers if they cannot make it and help take their goods home again.
- Dividing/sorting is at 10am, pick up only is from 12pm. If you cannot collect your goods on Thursday 6 March please inform Cynthia (0403 831 520) and arrange who will be bringing your containers and when you can collect your goods.
Make an order!
The March 2014 order list is now available, download it here: March 2014 BEAM Bulk Foods Order Form (.xls file – open in Excel or compatible software).
If you are having problems with the .xls file you can download the file as a .xlsx file: March 2014 BEAM Bulk Foods Order Form
Complete your order by MIDNIGHT Wednesday 19 February 2014. For further information or to place an order, please contact the Bulk Food Scheme Administrator, Cynthia Lim on email Cynthia@bluetongueberries.com.au or 0403 831 520.