Mitchell Shire Council is supporting National Tree Day 2013 throughout the Shire and is encouraging volunteers to get involved.
This year, National Tree Day will be held on Sunday 28 July 2013. Council is fortunate to have the support of a grant through the 2 Million Trees Program from the Department of Sustainability and Environment. Coupled with Council’s contribution, this will be the biggest ever National Tree Day in Mitchell Shire.
The success of Tree Day depends on the generosity of local volunteers, and
can be seen in the wonderful results of past plantings. Council has prepared the following community planting sites for Tree Day Saturday 28 July commencing at 10am on site including:
- Kilmore Creek – south of Bourke Street
- Taylors Creek, Wallan – just north of Taylors Lane
- Goulburn Park, Seymour
- LB Davern reserve along the Dry Creek, Wandong
- Whiteman’s Reserve, Broadford (will take place on Sunday 14 July)
Council staff, contractors and school volunteers will also be planting:
- Lions Park, Seymour
- Kilmore Creek and Ryan’s Creek, Kilmore
- Memorial Park and Dry Creek, Wandong
- Danaher reserve, Wallan
Local community groups and schools interested in participating in this year’s National Tree Day can contact Council’s Parks and Environment Unit on 5734 6200.
Shire Media Contact: Daniel Heiss, Communications Officer
T: (03) 5734 6359