An assessment of resource recovery opportunities for horse stable and yard organics was conducted by Blue Environment on behalf of BEAM.
The purpose of study was to:
- Improve information about current manure generation and management in the Mitchell and Strathbogie Shires study area
- Identify other organic wastes in the region that might also be processed
- Consider alternatives for better management
- Identify possible locations for facilities
- Identify transport options
- Identify local business and employment opportunities
- Identify markets for outputs
- Develop ‘business’ case(s) for future management options
For more about this project visit our Stable to Soil page.