Sun, 26 Mar|
Permacroft walk and lunch
Permacroft invites BEAM members to come along, check out the view, the creek and the BEAM and Permacroft planting. RSVP to receive the address details.
Time & Location
26 Mar, 10:30 am
Sugarloaf Creek, Sugarloaf Creek VIC 3658, Australia
About the Event
BEAM members are invited to a walk and potluck lunch on Sunday 26 March at Permacroft.
Permacroft is a local cooperative with 79 acres on the Sugarloaf Creek. It was founded in the 1980s, and has had renewed energy and interest since 2019 when a new group of members (shareholders) bought in, some of whom have since joined BEAM.
In 2020, BEAM and Permacroft collaborated on planting on the site - the first three photos below show early growth of the plantings.
Permacroft invites BEAM members to come along, check out the view, the creek and the BEAM and Permacroft planting.
Permacroft’s members aspire to:
- Healthy, productive land and water
- Facilities that make staying on and contributing to the site easy – particularly for members.
- Resilience – ability to sustain the land, community and governance over time as the climate changes and people’s needs and interests change.
Proposed plan for the visit, Sun 26 March:
10.30am - arrive, optional cuppa
11am-1pm - leisurely walk around the site (note: some long grass, long pants and boots strongly recommended)
1pm - potluck lunch (bring something to share) in the kitchen hub (cutlery, crockery, chopping boards etc provided)
2-4pm - depending on interest, we might head in different directions, potentially including a paddle in the creek, maintaining plantings or exploring some areas we missed initially.
All ages welcome. The trampoline, swing and creek are popular with kids. The kitchen hub is always available for a cuppa and a chat.
- Water bottle
- Broad brimmed hat & sunscreen
- Long sleeves & pants
- Boots (gumboots okay) - there’s lots of grass seeds, so avoid sneakers and cover socks with long pants, boots and/or gaiters.
- Something for the potluck lunch
RSVP to Ruth, Permacroft Secretary, on email@example.com / 0427 881 828 (outside office hours). Address will be provided to people who RSVP.